I did not realize how spacious my head had become until my one-month stay in Uganda ended and I returned to Asheville for work. I was feeling full and had symptoms of a cold that made my head fuller. One leg of the journey, from Qatar to Philadelphia airport was 13 hours and 46 minutes in air. Add… Read more
Tag Archives | Space
- MB: I appreciate your feedback, Janice. You're a very...
- Janice Q: Dear Mildred, My enjoyment from reading your po...
- Darlane Mabel K.: Amazing how you wrap up the whole world, the past,...
- Tools for expression | Writing for… what?: […] on “Of enormous wild bulls”,...
- MB: Peace, love and courage. And yes, to writing!...
- Just a tiny, weeny bit about my father June 7, 2016
- Amiri Baraka at 75 still hitting the gong strong October 18, 2009
- The case of the missing mailbox et cetera. September 5, 2012
- Why Don’t You Carve Other Animals: Yvonne Vera July 27, 2012
- Kony 2012 is just what we needed to spin us into action March 10, 2012
- Glad Tidings–a good start and other events lineup January 31, 2018
- Form, Space and Mindfulness January 19, 2018
- In Praise of Shitholes January 15, 2018
- Sacred Delight or Eating Husbands December 28, 2017
- End of the semester, near end of year and the many endings of things, which also imply beginnings and the substance of gathering. December 8, 2017
African Writers Series Aime Cesaire alchemy Ali Smith Ama Ata Aidoo Amalion Amilcar Cabral Amos Tutuola Angela Carter Angola Arthur Flowers Ben Okri Beverley Nambozo Birmingham cape verde Caster Semenya Chinua Achebe Congo fantastical featured FEMRITE Flavien Ranaivo George Saunders Ghana Give Me Room to Move My Feet Haruki Murakami historical fiction Independence José Eduardo Agualusa Justice lusophone Madagascar Martin Luther King Jr Mia Couto Mozambique Nalo Hopkinson Ngugi wa Thiong'o Patrice Lumumba poem poetry Steve Biko Susan Kiguli Thomas Sankara Uganda Wole Soyinka
Follow @midibarya on Twitter