I’m excited to be going home, catch up with family, friends, read and launch my poetry book: Give Me Room To Move My Feet in Uganda. Two years ago I launched this book in Senegal where it was published and where I was based. It gives me great pleasure that copies are now available in Uganda, and… Read more
Mildred Barya will be reading poems from the groundbreaking collection, Give Me Room to Move My Feet, on Friday 26 June 2009, from 18.00 pm at Kadjinol Station, rue Albert Sarraut Angle Salva, near the Galerie Nationale, in front of Canal Horizons. For bookings and additional information, please… Read more
The book is out, wrapped in purple like a royal newborn. As stubborn as they come, attempting to stand. The launch in Dakar will take place on 26th June 09. Then the newborn will be released to walk, run, dance, swing and cuddle too with whoever is on the… Read more
- MB: I appreciate your feedback, Janice. You're a very...
- Janice Q: Dear Mildred, My enjoyment from reading your po...
- Darlane Mabel K.: Amazing how you wrap up the whole world, the past,...
- Tools for expression | Writing for… what?: […] on “Of enormous wild bulls”,...
- MB: Peace, love and courage. And yes, to writing!...
- Just a tiny, weeny bit about my father June 7, 2016
- Amiri Baraka at 75 still hitting the gong strong October 18, 2009
- The case of the missing mailbox et cetera. September 5, 2012
- Why Don’t You Carve Other Animals: Yvonne Vera July 27, 2012
- Kony 2012 is just what we needed to spin us into action March 10, 2012
- Form, Space and Mindfulness January 19, 2018
- In Praise of Shitholes January 15, 2018
- Sacred Delight or Eating Husbands December 28, 2017
- End of the semester, near end of year and the many endings of things, which also imply beginnings and the substance of gathering. December 8, 2017
- George Saunders’ Endearing Fox 8, Postmodernism Fiction, Italo Calvino’s Lightness, Propositions, and so on. October 28, 2017
Follow @midibarya on Twitter