I have been teaching a lot of foxes this semesterand murder.I should say that by now I shouldn’t really be surprised how my workshop classes end up experimenting with murder, mystery and light-heartedness, yet still, I’m often amazed by how much beauty and brokenness emerges from the stories we… Read more
George Saunders’ Endearing Fox 8, Postmodernism Fiction, Italo Calvino’s Lightness, Propositions, and so on.
When David Sedaris came to read as part of Syracuse University lecture series, I didn’t know he was a household name. Isn’t discovery one of the pleasures of being in another culture/place? The event was widely publicized, free tickets and all, and that made me do the typical nowadays: google… Read more
- MB: I appreciate your feedback, Janice. You're a very...
- Janice Q: Dear Mildred, My enjoyment from reading your po...
- Darlane Mabel K.: Amazing how you wrap up the whole world, the past,...
- Tools for expression | Writing for… what?: […] on “Of enormous wild bulls”,...
- MB: Peace, love and courage. And yes, to writing!...
- Just a tiny, weeny bit about my father June 7, 2016
- Amiri Baraka at 75 still hitting the gong strong October 18, 2009
- The case of the missing mailbox et cetera. September 5, 2012
- Why Don’t You Carve Other Animals: Yvonne Vera July 27, 2012
- Kony 2012 is just what we needed to spin us into action March 10, 2012
- Form, Space and Mindfulness January 19, 2018
- In Praise of Shitholes January 15, 2018
- Sacred Delight or Eating Husbands December 28, 2017
- End of the semester, near end of year and the many endings of things, which also imply beginnings and the substance of gathering. December 8, 2017
- George Saunders’ Endearing Fox 8, Postmodernism Fiction, Italo Calvino’s Lightness, Propositions, and so on. October 28, 2017
Follow @midibarya on Twitter