Here’s a tribute to Black History Month first published by Zocalo. It’s a mini account of my observations and experiences in Birmingham, my first time to visit the Civil Rights Museum, the 16th Street Baptist Church, and meeting the god of forge. On a Sunday, in that baptist church with its red… Read more
In my previous blog I mentioned a few things about my apartment that were still pending, before it could be friendly and therefore more habitable. When you think about it, all that’s missing should have been provided the moment I was given the key and taken on an inventory tour by the leasing… Read more
I’ve made one week in this discerning city, and it’s been fantastic. Before I showed up I didn’t know it was called the discerning city. In fact, am not even sure everybody knows that’s what it is, but when Alabama School of Fine Arts (ASFA) offered me a job teaching creative writing, I emailed… Read more
- Darlane Mabel K.: Amazing how you wrap up the whole world, the past,...
- Tools for expression | Writing for… what?: […] on “Of enormous wild bulls”,...
- MB: Peace, love and courage. And yes, to writing!...
- MB: Thank you! Peace, love and courage....
- MB: Thank you....
- Just a tiny, weeny bit about my father June 7, 2016
- Amiri Baraka at 75 still hitting the gong strong October 18, 2009
- The case of the missing mailbox et cetera. September 5, 2012
- Why Don’t You Carve Other Animals: Yvonne Vera July 27, 2012
- Kony 2012 is just what we needed to spin us into action March 10, 2012
- California Summer 2017 July 31, 2017
- Announcing two Readings: Sausalito Library and Adobe Books, CA. June 27, 2017
- Power to the alternate memory of history May 21, 2017
- I’m not Whining, I’m just sayin’ it’s the illusion of competence May 18, 2017
- Remind Me of What We Have May 1, 2017
Follow @midibarya on Twitter