A review has come out on the recently published short story anthology of new African writing: “Dreams, Miracles and Jazz”, in which my story, Land of my bones, is published…. Read more
Happy news: For the Pan African Literary Forum contest, I took first place in the Africana Fiction category. I am doubly honored as Junot Díaz, the Pulitzer Prize winning fiction writer and essayist, was the judge for that category. Other news: Two unpublished novels. One complete; one… Read more
- MB: I appreciate your feedback, Janice. You're a very...
- Janice Q: Dear Mildred, My enjoyment from reading your po...
- Darlane Mabel K.: Amazing how you wrap up the whole world, the past,...
- Tools for expression | Writing for… what?: […] on “Of enormous wild bulls”,...
- MB: Peace, love and courage. And yes, to writing!...
- Just a tiny, weeny bit about my father June 7, 2016
- Amiri Baraka at 75 still hitting the gong strong October 18, 2009
- The case of the missing mailbox et cetera. September 5, 2012
- Why Don’t You Carve Other Animals: Yvonne Vera July 27, 2012
- Kony 2012 is just what we needed to spin us into action March 10, 2012
- Glad Tidings–a good start and other events lineup January 31, 2018
- Form, Space and Mindfulness January 19, 2018
- In Praise of Shitholes January 15, 2018
- Sacred Delight or Eating Husbands December 28, 2017
- End of the semester, near end of year and the many endings of things, which also imply beginnings and the substance of gathering. December 8, 2017
Follow @midibarya on Twitter