Thought I should share an interview in the International Poetry and Fiction from Mexico City. To read, click this link to the site of Ofi Press Magazine. In company is Zdravka Evtimova, Sayed Gouda, among others. The poetry section has samples of my poems and others from around the world…. Read more
One of the rewards of being a night owl is getting to read the papers before the crack of dawn, and discovering familiar names in print. This journey we’re on, what a burden and joy at the same time! Often I wonder what goes on with other professionals. Do surgeons, for instance, ever get a… Read more
I’m touring Cambridge, Massachusetts with my friend, Jackee Batanda, giggling on the streets and recalling when we first met in 2000 at FEMRITE–The Uganda Women Writers Association–where we both used to work. Aspiring writers. Eleven years down the road been quite a journey, full of… Read more
It’s a pleasure to have a conversation with one of my favorite poets, Beverley Nambozo. I like what she does with eroticism in her poems. She certainly takes it to an art form. It’s rare to come across good erotic poetry…. Read more
Beatrice Lamwaka, Ugandan writer, is on this year’s Caine Prize shortlist for African Writing. The 2011 shortlist (the 12th since the first prize began) was announced in May. The winner who will be announced at a celebratory dinner at the Bodleian Library, Oxford, on Monday, 11 July, will… Read more
- Tools for expression | Writing for… what?: […] on “Of enormous wild bulls”,...
- MB: Peace, love and courage. And yes, to writing!...
- MB: Thank you! Peace, love and courage....
- MB: Thank you....
- MB: I was thinking the same about Nancy's baby. Coura...
- Just a tiny, weeny bit about my father June 7, 2016
- Amiri Baraka at 75 still hitting the gong strong October 18, 2009
- The case of the missing mailbox et cetera. September 5, 2012
- Why Don’t You Carve Other Animals: Yvonne Vera July 27, 2012
- Kony 2012 is just what we needed to spin us into action March 10, 2012
- Remembering Okla Elliott March 21, 2017
- The first Christmas without Dad December 24, 2016
- Fires, Rattlesnakes and Bear Burrito October 30, 2016
- Celebrations October 25, 2016
- Paint the Quad poetry October 25, 2016
Follow @midibarya on Twitter