It rained today. It also rained the previous night. I grew to love the equator zone where it rains and shines any moment any day. Here in Dakar rain is a mighty blessing, especially, if it arrives in the month of June. I got very excited when I looked into the sky today and realized it resembled my… Read more
It isn’t only the economic crunch. I’ve been less productive concerning my blog, yet so lost in activity, the kind of activity that doesn’t produce much. When I try to update my blog, I turn on my computer and end up only changing the screen background. I can spend three straight hours… Read more
I used to wonder why the sky appeared close when I was growing up. So close often I stretched my hand to touch it. Sometimes the swirl of white clouds in the blue sky looked like rolled up mats rested against the hills. I climbed one hill after another to go lie in those white mats. Other times the… Read more
In the Gregorian calendar, October is usually a dead month. Seasons come to an end. Even love affairs seem to end with the October heat, October cold. A lot of inactivity sets in. Before long October is hushed and swept under the carpet like it never happened. November is welcomed as it ushers in… Read more
I’ve been wanting to write this for a very long time—a new post for my blog. Every time I’ve sat before my computer I’ve been overwhelmed by how much I have to sieve through. I am thinking I’ve been under a writer’s block of a different kind—finding myself with too much… Read more
When I was young and impressionable I had this grand vision of saving the world. It was so easy to dream up a free and fair world where sanity, justice and good health prevailed. It was even easier to engage in activities that could quicken the coming into being of those dreams. Now that I am… Read more
- MB: I appreciate your feedback, Janice. You're a very...
- Janice Q: Dear Mildred, My enjoyment from reading your po...
- Darlane Mabel K.: Amazing how you wrap up the whole world, the past,...
- Tools for expression | Writing for… what?: […] on “Of enormous wild bulls”,...
- MB: Peace, love and courage. And yes, to writing!...
- Just a tiny, weeny bit about my father June 7, 2016
- Amiri Baraka at 75 still hitting the gong strong October 18, 2009
- The case of the missing mailbox et cetera. September 5, 2012
- Why Don’t You Carve Other Animals: Yvonne Vera July 27, 2012
- Kony 2012 is just what we needed to spin us into action March 10, 2012
- Form, Space and Mindfulness January 19, 2018
- In Praise of Shitholes January 15, 2018
- Sacred Delight or Eating Husbands December 28, 2017
- End of the semester, near end of year and the many endings of things, which also imply beginnings and the substance of gathering. December 8, 2017
- George Saunders’ Endearing Fox 8, Postmodernism Fiction, Italo Calvino’s Lightness, Propositions, and so on. October 28, 2017
Follow @midibarya on Twitter