Upcoming conference, “Cultural Exchange and Engagement in Africa-China Relationships: Defining Possibilities, Realizing Opportunities.” May 9 to 11, 2014. At this conference, the Global Digital Humanities platform and the STU community partnering with the Africa Writers Trust and the Shantou Writers Association, will be examining culture in the era of globalization and digital technology by taking a close look at the emerging relationships between China and African nations. This conference is free and there is no fee to attend any of the lectures and workshops. For details, see this link.
Africa – China Conference Schedule: May 9 to May 11, 2014
- Tools for expression | Writing for… what?: […] on “Of enormous wild bulls”,...
- MB: Peace, love and courage. And yes, to writing!...
- MB: Thank you! Peace, love and courage....
- MB: Thank you....
- MB: I was thinking the same about Nancy's baby. Coura...
- Just a tiny, weeny bit about my father June 7, 2016
- Amiri Baraka at 75 still hitting the gong strong October 18, 2009
- The case of the missing mailbox et cetera. September 5, 2012
- Why Don’t You Carve Other Animals: Yvonne Vera July 27, 2012
- Kony 2012 is just what we needed to spin us into action March 10, 2012
- Remembering Okla Elliott March 21, 2017
- The first Christmas without Dad December 24, 2016
- Fires, Rattlesnakes and Bear Burrito October 30, 2016
- Celebrations October 25, 2016
- Paint the Quad poetry October 25, 2016
African Writers Series Aime Cesaire alchemy Ali Smith Ama Ata Aidoo Amalion Amilcar Cabral Amos Tutuola Angola Arthur Flowers Ben Okri Beverley Nambozo Birmingham cape verde Caster Semenya Chinua Achebe Congo Daniel Hahn fantastical featured FEMRITE Flavien Ranaivo Ghana Give Me Room to Move My Feet Independence José Eduardo Agualusa Justice lusophone Madagascar Martin Luther King Jr Mia Couto Mozambique Ngugi wa Thiong'o North Africa Patrice Lumumba poem poetry Scheherazade Steve Biko Susan Kiguli symbolism The Book of Chameleons Thomas Sankara Uganda Wole Soyinka
Follow @midibarya on Twitter