Upcoming conference, “Cultural Exchange and Engagement in Africa-China Relationships: Defining Possibilities, Realizing Opportunities.” May 9 to 11, 2014. At this conference, the Global Digital Humanities platform and the STU community partnering with the Africa Writers Trust and the Shantou Writers Association, will be examining culture in the era of globalization and digital technology by taking a close look at the emerging relationships between China and African nations. This conference is free and there is no fee to attend any of the lectures and workshops. For details, see this link.
Africa – China Conference Schedule: May 9 to May 11, 2014
- MB: I appreciate your feedback, Janice. You're a very...
- Janice Q: Dear Mildred, My enjoyment from reading your po...
- Darlane Mabel K.: Amazing how you wrap up the whole world, the past,...
- Tools for expression | Writing for… what?: […] on “Of enormous wild bulls”,...
- MB: Peace, love and courage. And yes, to writing!...
- Just a tiny, weeny bit about my father June 7, 2016
- Amiri Baraka at 75 still hitting the gong strong October 18, 2009
- The case of the missing mailbox et cetera. September 5, 2012
- Why Don’t You Carve Other Animals: Yvonne Vera July 27, 2012
- Kony 2012 is just what we needed to spin us into action March 10, 2012
- Form, Space and Mindfulness January 19, 2018
- In Praise of Shitholes January 15, 2018
- Sacred Delight or Eating Husbands December 28, 2017
- End of the semester, near end of year and the many endings of things, which also imply beginnings and the substance of gathering. December 8, 2017
- George Saunders’ Endearing Fox 8, Postmodernism Fiction, Italo Calvino’s Lightness, Propositions, and so on. October 28, 2017
African Writers Series Aime Cesaire alchemy Ali Smith Ama Ata Aidoo Amalion Amilcar Cabral Amos Tutuola Angela Carter Angola Arthur Flowers Ben Okri Beverley Nambozo Birmingham cape verde Caster Semenya Chinua Achebe Congo fantastical featured FEMRITE Flavien Ranaivo George Saunders Ghana Give Me Room to Move My Feet Haruki Murakami historical fiction Independence José Eduardo Agualusa Justice lusophone Madagascar Martin Luther King Jr Mia Couto Mozambique Nalo Hopkinson Ngugi wa Thiong'o Patrice Lumumba poem poetry Steve Biko Susan Kiguli Thomas Sankara Uganda Wole Soyinka
Follow @midibarya on Twitter