One of those moments at Wash park, Denver.I haven’t read for pure pleasure in a long time. I’d almost forgotten the feeling, the thrilling joy of the gullible trip. This means I’ve lately been reading with alloyed delight, having all kinds of… Read more
Derek Walcott’s poem: “Love After Love” has been pursuing me for the last couple of months. I’m beginning to understand why. Today when I was thinking about this month’s blog post, it occurred to me that I should write about that poem and how it has… Read more
Lining up for books at the African Writers Trust International Conference in Uganda, 2015. Left to right: Melissa Kyeyune, Jennifer Makumbi, Goretti Kyomuhendo, Jackee B Batanda, and yours truly. AWT imageOften I’m asked, besides Chinua Achebe and… Read more
Thought I should share an interview in the International Poetry and Fiction from Mexico City. To read, click this link to the site of Ofi Press Magazine. In company is Zdravka Evtimova, Sayed Gouda, among others. The poetry section has samples of… Read more
the road homeThis post is about chickens, cows and dogs. It is dedicated to my family and composed of threads that my siblings and I have come up with. Sometime back I wrote about how we remember, inspired by the way memory and imagination work to… Read more
At a library in MemphisWhere did reading take you this year? is how goodreads posed my 2015 in books. So I’m going to share my reading list which is likely to extend into 2016, and ask you dear reader to share yours too.Making and exchanging… Read more
I did not read The Unbearable Lightness of Being but watched the movie instead. As all movies adapted from great books, I was left wondering what I had missed. Later, when I had a chance to read The Curtain, I underlined almost every sentence. I… Read more
- MB: Thank you, Bin....
- Bin: A recommendation: Edward Carey, HEAPHOUSE, if you ...
- MB: Oh my, it gets even better! Thank you. Time to plu...
- Darlane Mabel: My God sis never read nonfiction this interesting....
- IQra: Beautifully written with so much truth. I wish our...
- Amiri Baraka at 75 still hitting the gong strong October 18, 2009
- The case of the missing mailbox et cetera. September 5, 2012
- Why Don’t You Carve Other Animals: Yvonne Vera July 27, 2012
- Kony 2012 is just what we needed to spin us into action March 10, 2012
- ‘Give Me Room To Move My Feet’ Book Launch in Uganda December 5, 2011
- Reading for pleasure, the deliciousness of it to surprise you. April 29, 2016
- Pursued by “Love After Love” March 30, 2016
- Current African Literature Sample February 10, 2016
- Ofi Press Magazine interview February 9, 2016
- What we remember: chickens, cows, dogs. January 1, 2016
Follow @midibarya on Twitter